Thursday, September 29, 2011

TV Time and Taylor

Fall 2011 TV is in full swing, and Mr. TiVo is completely overwhelmed. Luckily I have had this week "off" of school, and have had some good TV watching time. I am very much looking forward to tomorrow night - a black bean burger from Tavern on the Tracks, TV time, and not working or thinking about work for at least 48 hours.

The rest of my weekend is far more exciting. 5K on Saturday Morning. I am challenging myself to how far I can run - yesterday I did 1.5 miles (with a few good uphills that I NEVER thought I would be able to run), with a 1 mile walk break, and finished the last half mile with a jog. I stopped the first leg of running because I got stopped at a light, and couldn't get up the momentum when I was able to go again. I am hoping with a 5K course and not having to stop, I will be able to make it further. We shall see.


Then off to Atlanta for an afternoon of shopping with Betsy and Sehar. Then dinner by Chef Matt (yay!) Particularly excited about his creme brulee. Matt, I know you're reading... Sunday is girl day! We are making my favorite breakfast recipe - sausage pinwheels (see below), catching up on shows, and then getting ready for the Taylor Swift concert. We are hoping to get her to meet us at Taco Mac before the show - it's worth a shot right?? Twitter is awesome. Then a few days of training for work, and back to Charlotte. I am looking forward to spending some quality time with some good friends.

Sausage pinwheels are way too easy.

1 roll reduced fat sausage
1/4 bag reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese (optional - adjust amounts to your taste)
2 cans reduced fat crescent rolls



1 - Remove the crescent roll dough from the cans, but do not separate rolls. On top of a piece of plastic wrap or aluminum foil, pinch the triangles together and form a long rectangle, gently pulling dough as needed.
2 - Spread the sausage in an thin layer over the dough. Sprinkle some cheese on top.
3 - Roll the dough lengthwise to form a long roll.
4 - Using a serrated knife, cut dough into 1/2 inch thick slices. You can freeze roll for 10 - 15 minutes beforehand to make slicing easier. Place on baking sheet.
5 - Bake according to directions on crescent roll package, or until the sausage is cooked through and then enjoy! These keep well in the fridge and can be reheated in the toaster oven or microwave.


Back to fall TV. Some of my old favorites are back: Grey's, Private Practice, Desperate Housewives (how sad is it that this is the last season?!), The Middle, Modern Family, Sister Wives, Glee, Gossip Girl... the list could go on and on...

And it does, with new shows. I am trying to determine if they are worth watching. I watched the first episode of Suburgatory tonight - it reminds me of Mean Girls, but the TV version. I will keep watching! Still undecided on Two Broke Girls, and the endearing-ness of Zooey Deschanel is keeping me engaged in New Girl. Up All Night with Christina Applegate is super cute - I feel like if I ever have kids, that will be my life.

Has anyone seen the show Revenge? I have heard good things from other bloggers. I have the first two episodes taped and it looks really good. I like Emily VanCamp from her Everwood days. Remember the WB?!

What are you all doing this weekend?? Who is so glad that tomorrow is Friday?!

These girls are. Just hangin' out with Taylor. See ya again on Sunday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So now that you've heard all of my thoughts, I want to hear yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.